I honestly and truthfully believe that there’ll always be a reason to smile in each day, if we just look hard enough. I’m by no means happy all the time, but I do keep striving to find the positives in each situation we are faced with. There are times in the last few years when that has been a great struggle, I can’t lie, but those have been the times when family, friendship and all our little routines have been the greatest source of comfort.
This little meme is doing the rounds in Blogland at the moment, and my lovely friend Kerri-Ann tagged me for it, so here goes. 50 things that make me happy…
1. Sunshine. Regardless of season or temperature. Blue sky makes me smile.
2. Mr M’s key in the door at 6pm.
3. Cuddles with my little three. And how they all fight for my knee – even my big girl. I never want that to stop!
4. How I have to kiss and hug all their favourite soft toys before bed. It takes a while. 😉
5. The hour of tea with Mr M. One of my favourite traditions! 🙂
6. 11am N’espresso.
7. Freshly coloured hair.
8. Monday flowers. They make the food shop that little bit more appealing!
9. Friday evenings.
10. Sauvignon Blanc with ice.
11. Baby bunnies in the back garden. Even if we do have to chase them for eating our plants! Those little fuzzy faces could get away with anything while I’m in charge.
12. Blogging, and the friends I’ve made because of it.
13. Balmy Summer evenings and new cotton pyjamas.
14. Little Wood. I feel like the luckiest person to get to live here.
15. Being outside. Fresh air and those big, gulping breaths. They can cure almost anything I think.
16. France, and our Summers spent there. I have the fondest memories of our littles as teeny tinies in that place we love so much.
17. Pastel colours.
18. Bright toenails.
19. Scented candles.
20. Anything that tastes of lemons.
21. A little bit of colour on my skin. I’ve been reigniting my love of false tan this past few weeks!
22. Paying compliments. It’s true – making others happy really does have a knock-on effect.
23. Overhearing Noah tell a little girl at the park that his favourite things were ‘his family and his best toy Frankie’. Never grow up little man.
24. Cinnamon Danish.
25. My friends. I don’t talk often enough about them on this blog as I’m always concerned about privacy, but they know who they are. Girls, I love you lots!
26. Spring sunsets.
27. Autumn in its entirety.
28. The friendship I have with my sister, and sister in law. And the love those little cousins have for one another is like nothing else!
29. When Eva explains something she’s learnt at school absolutely perfectly. These little minds growing – it amazes and astounds me every day.
30. Annie reading. Best sound ever.
31. The smell of Hyacinths.
32. Early morning walks when it’s frosty.
33. Thursday night chats at the dinner table. They always leave us late, and bedtime never happens when it should, but I love them dearly.
34. Blossom trees.
35. Tidy wardrobes.
36. Fresh bed linen (especially when it’s ironed, something I never manage to do!)
37. Getting to the bottom of the ironing pile.
38. Jazz music.
39. My favourite perfume. I wear Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede.
40. Taking photographs, especially of my little guys.
41. A brown Zara box in the post. 🙂
42. The sound of my kids laughing, through an open window.
43. Our stable door flung open on a warm Summer evening.
45. A full fruit bowl. (It only ever lasts about two days, but those are a GOOD two days!)
46. Hearing the little three sing the same choruses that I did as a child.
47. The good hearts I know my kiddos have. We are so thankful for them.
48. The whispered ‘I love you Mama’ as I turn out the light.
49. The way my husband loves me fiercely. He is one of a kind, that Mr M.
50. Reflecting and appreciating, and all that this blog makes me do. It’s my little happy place in itself!