I’m bringing back the Five Things posts you guys!
I love a good list, and I love a record of life in these days that we’re right in the middle of, so I figure let’s combine the two.
List making for the win!
Five Things that are making me smile this week…
- Longer, brighter days – helping motivate me to eat better, get things done, and clean my windows. (Who am I kidding? If we can still see out them I’m considering that a victory. 🙂 )
2. Ed Sheeran’s Divide on repeat. I’m loving the super summery vibe of his latest album and we’ve even been having kitchen dance parties to Barcelona and Bibia Be Ye Ye on the regular. If you haven’t jumped around post 6pm and had the puppy try to eat your toes, then you simply haven’t lived. 😉
3. Blush pink interiors. The shade invaded my wardrobe some time ago and it was only a matter of time, am I right? I picked up some really affordable cushion covers from H&M Home, stuffed them with my old cushions and gave our living area a little breath of colour for the new season. I love that it’s still muted enough to be neutral, but that it just lifts the space a little. Our round, velvet cushion is from Urban Outfitters but there are amazing dupes here for a sixth of the price!
4. Strawberry Vodka (recipe here!) The very smell of this is Summer bottled. I originally made a big batch of it to add to cocktails (We are still waiting on the bar cart to arrive. It’s a saga I’ll share with you another time!) but in my quest to find a (slightly) healthier alternative to wine and cocktail consumption, I tried a little of it mixed with sparkling water. It’s a game changer guys and a perfect social drink if you’re watching your calories in the run up to Summer holidays.
5. This little beauty of a bag! (A dead ringer for the Mansur Gavriel one of dreams!) I bought it for functional, travel purposes and didn’t expect to love it quite as much, but the colour and the size are just perfect and I’ve been using it pretty much non stop. I love it with my camel coat too – really Spring-y! It also comes in yellow as well.
What’s brightening up your week? Always keen to share in good news and the little details that make life that bit sweeter!
Oh, and Happy St Patrick’s Day from the Emerald Isle everyone!