Autumn in the countryside is always my favourite. There are so many things to appreciate in every season of course, but as the leaves turn I always start to properly nest for the colder months ahead. I’ve been filling our home with hydrangea heads and muted colours this past few weeks (I feel like Autumn started the minute we got back from holidays. This weather though!) and making plans for lots of cosy evenings and lazy Sundays with friends.
Some other things I’m excited for in these coming weeks…
All that’s filling my head (and every second of my time!) at the moment is The Country Blog Retreat, and I’m so excited for it all next weekend. It came about after I mentioned briefly (and really casually!) on Instagram about arranging a get together locally. Two months and 145 people later and we’re getting together next Sunday for a beautiful afternoon tea, photo walk, and lots of blog chat at the stunning Larchfield Estate. I honestly can’t believe the response to it, both in terms of the interest from you guys, but also in relation to the brands and businesses who have got involved too. I want to keep an element of surprise to it all so I’ll not say too much now, but do follow along on InstaStories on the 24th for a sneak peek if you’d like to!
Our office renovation is still stuck in limbo at the moment. It doesn’t help that it’s now full of 145 goodie bags too! 🙂 We’re hoping to push ahead with it in the next couple of weeks, and I’m excited for all my new furniture to find a proper home! I recently bought this beautiful chair and I couldn’t love it any more. You know you’re smitten when you style up the old concrete floor and bare plaster just to take a picture! 😉
Although it has been pretty miserable on the weather front, I’ve been getting outdoors with Ernie when I can this past couple of weeks. You’d think short legs equal less walks, but he’s a pup that gets very grumpy if there’s no daily exercise on the cards. I kind of get that too!
I’m all about the seasonal colours and am so ready to stock up on all the burgundy and brown this month. I started my collection with this little beauty, and wore it for a night out last weekend. I think it could work just as well with a chunky cardigan for day time!
As the nights draw in I’m never so fussed in heading out, and am all about my pjs, tea and that sofa life! I was recently sent these beautiful bath salts from local company The Natural Beauty Pot, and have been loving Lavender scented soaks before cosy evenings in. I’ve been sleeping like a log too!
And five extra things I’m loving right now!
- My friend Mel Wiggins recently launched her first e-course delving a bit deeper into Eco Family Living. I’ve been so challenged by her content so far, both in terms of how she delivers it (that girl can write!) but also in relation to the themes she addresses. So far we’ve looked at the topics of consumerism, and also at food waste and self sustainability. It’s refreshing to be focusing on ways to improve our footprint, but aside from that I’m also really feeling the pull to be more thoughtful about how I live. To act meaningfully and consciously and to encourage my children to do the same. It’s not an overnight process (Mel would admit that too and encourage you to start with tiny changes) but it feels good to be mulling it all over right now.
- I’ve gone back to the dark side this season and am loving this polish again. It’s an old favourite, but such a perfect colour for the colder months.
- I couldn’t resist this little bag addition for Autumn, and I love how it can be carried two ways too. Good for evenings or everyday. And can we take a sec for corduroy? I love it!
- **NEW SHOP KLAXON** I’m so late to the party but we recently discovered Sostrene Grene and I have been dreaming about it ever since. Scandi interiors heaven for sure!
- A return to boots and cosy knits! I’ve been layering mine with these jeans and loving the whole comfy casual vibe this month.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!